Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. E. Jeffrey Pope completed his undergraduate education at Pennsylvania State University, graduating with degrees in both Pre-medicine and Nutrition Science. Dr. Pope attended medical school at University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ), graduating in the top of his class. He was elected to Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA), the national medical school honor society, after which he chose the prestigious NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases for residency training. NYU is one of the top institutions for orthopedics in the country. Dr. Pope finished his training at University of Chicago, a time-honored institution, where during fellowship he gained expert skills in Sports Medicine and Arthroscopic (minimally invasive) surgery. After completing his training, he returned to Bergen County, NJ, where he was raised.
Dr. Pope has been involved in team sports medicine and adolescent orthopedic care from very early in his training, and continues this interest into his current practice. He cares for numerous adolescent and high school athletes as well as the “weekend warrior.” Pope is the author of multiple articles in orthopedic literature, where he focuses on both sports medicine and general orthopedics.
Dr. Pope specializes in arthroscopic procedures of the shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, and ankle. He is skilled in trauma, as well as shoulder, hip, and knee replacement surgery. A brief list of his surgical skills includes:
- Shoulder arthroscopy – Rotator cuff repair, labral repair, biceps tenodesis, shoulder stabilization, shoulder decompression
- Open shoulder surgery – Shoulder replacement, shoulder fracture fixation, clavicle (collar bone) fixation, pectoralis tendon repair
- Elbow arthroscopy – Loose body removal, cartilage stimulation techniques
- Open elbow surgery – Biceps tendon repair, triceps tendon repair, fracture fixation, nerve decompression
- Hip arthroscopy – Labral repair, femoral acetabular impingement, loose body removal, tendon release, snapping hip release, cartilage stimulation techniques
- Open hip surgery – Fracture fixation, total hip replacement
- Knee arthroscopy – Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction, multi-ligament knee reconstruction, meniscal repair, cartilage stimulation techniques
- Open knee surgery – Tendon repair, partial (Unicompartmental) knee replacement, total knee replacement
- Ankle arthroscopy – Osteochondral defect (OCD) repair, cartilage stimulation techniques, debridement
- Open ankle surgery – Fracture fixation, ligament reconstruction