The new policies include:
- Requiring signed off acknowledgments from employees and patients. When an employee comes in at the start of their shift or patient comes in for their appointment, they are required to sign in. These sign in sheets state that they do not have any fever or flu like symptoms, no one in their household has had fever or flu like symptoms, they have not been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19, and that they have not travelled recently. If an employee has symptoms or feels ill, they are actively encouraged to stay home (after contacting their manager). If new patients answer yes to any of those questions, their appointment is scheduled out for 2 weeks to prevent any possible exposure.
- Screening employees and patients who are exhibiting symptoms. Each office is now equipped with infrared thermometers to screen anyone who may be exhibiting symptoms or complaining of a fever. If employees are exhibiting symptoms while at work, they will be sent home.
- Mandated Handwashing and hand sanitization. All employees, but especially employees that have physical interactions with patients, are to wash their hands after each interaction. There are also sanitization stations throughout the offices for both employees and patients.
- Performing routine disinfection. Each of our facilities are equipped with an abundance of cleaning supplies that allow for hourly cleaning that follow a strict checklist. Our supply closets are stocked with high quality products including Zep, Biokleen, DoTerra and Lysol products. We also are also sanitizing using bleach and water to wipe down surfaces.
- Providing Proper PPE. Each of our offices have been supplied with gloves and masks to for any employee that wants to use them. There are also disposable masks available at the front desk for any patient that may want/need one while receiving treatment.
- Using advanced air filters to destroy Air-Bourne viruses and bacteria. Each office has installed 2 Molekule Air Filters. These state-of-the-art air filter use PECO, an innovative technology that utilizes free radicals- the same radicals used to destroy cancer cells- to break down pollutants at a molecular level, including VOC’s, bacteria, mold, viruses, and allergens. By using nanotechnology, PECO can destroy pollutants 1000 times smaller than the standard filers must meet to qualify as HEPA.
- Using Ultraviolet wands that have been noted for their germicidal abilities. Each office is equipped with these wands that use chemical-free UV-C sterilization to sanitize objects and surfaces. These are lightning fast in killing and protecting against bacteria and viruses and guarantee a 99.9% kill rate.
- Maintaining social distancing guidelines throughout our offices. You’ll visibly see how we are encouraging the 6-foot social distancing guidelines when you step foot into any our offices. Our PT gyms now have maximum capacity signs to ensure we do not compromise the guidelines set in place. And in our larger-public areas, we have noticeably marked our floors and organized our reception area in a way that maintains the 6-foot requirement.
- Limiting appointment times. OSPT has taken precautions in maintaining social distancing and reduced appointment availability to patients. In doing so, our facilities allow patients that are in the office to move freely and never contact another patient within 6 feet.